Class is in session! That’s right.. we’re getting an education on personal finance and financial independence from Katie Brewer, CFP. She’s a fee-only certified financial planner and owner of the financial advising firm – Your Richest Life. With a focus on both Gen X and Y’ers, you’ll find her advice in various media sources including Forbes, The New York Times, and podcasts like Stacking Benjamins and His & Her Money.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What you should look for in a financial advisor
- Understand the different pay structures for financial advisors
- Top three doctor financial mistakes
- How to break the cycle of living paycheck to paycheck
- What does it mean to be financially independent
- Get the basics of investing – like what is a stock? A bond? What is passive vs active investing